- This event has passed.
Roberta @ Metascience Conference 2019
September 4, 2019 - September 8, 2019
This is the topic of the conference:
During this decade, we have witnessed the emergence of a new discipline called metascience, metaresearch, or the science of science. Most exciting is the fact that this is emerging as a truly interdisciplinary enterprise with contributors from every domain of research. This symposium serves as a formative meeting for metascience as a discipline. The meeting will bring together leading scholars that are investigating questions related to themes such as:
- How do scientists generate ideas?
- How are our statistics, methods, and measurement practices affecting our capacity to identify robust findings?
- Does the distinction between exploratory and confirmatory research matter?
- What is replication and its impact and its value?
- How do scientists interpret and treat evidence?
- What are the cultures and norms of science?